"Be Strong. You Can Do Hard Things."

Today was the day. We dropped Adri off at the MTC in Provo. This was possibly the second hardest thing I have ever done. The first involved this sweet girl and her twin, also. When she was born, too prematurely to survive without machines and lots of help, I gave doctors permission to perform procedures I didn't understand and didn't have experience with because I knew it would be best for her. I turned them over to people who had knowledge of a bigger picture than me. Each day as I left the sides of their little incubators I whispered into their tiny ears, "Be strong. You can do hard things." They did. They were strong. They fought through many hurdles to become beautifully perfect young women.

The second most difficult task occurred today as I gave her a final hug, for eighteen months, and whispered, "Be strong. You can do hard things." Once again, I have turned her over to someone that has more knowledge of the bigger picture and knows that this is the best experience for her. And again it is more than I can understand and situations I have not experienced but I know it is right. I pray that she will feel the love of her Heavenly Father and strength from the atonement of Jesus Christ. I'm relying of Them to help her get through this hard thing.

The hug that must last 20 months.

Moments before drop-off. Lots of laughs and smiles. And then ...

Tears and tender moments - especially between these two who have never been separated by more than 14 miles.

Group hug. Sniff sniff sniff

And there she goes!



About an hour later we received the first email from Sister Grant. It helped heal some breaking hearts.

"Hello hello! I got to my classroom and I don't have my companion yet but she is Sister Warren who loves Harry Styles! I really like my teachers and I'm doing great! I love you all so much and sorry I didn't send this to Collin or Kenna I don't have their emails memorized! I love you!!!!"

Love,
Sister Grant



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's An Email

Loving the MTC and a Testimony

Best Exchange Ever