Emergency Transfers!


Hello Idaho and more!

So crazy story! This week (great week by the way) we got a call on Wednesday from President Cleveland and he said that he received new revelation and Sister Stephan was going to switch areas with another sister. So on Saturday Sister Bretz came here to Oakland campus and Sister Stephan went to serve on Eastern Michigan University campus. So that's cool! I miss Sister Stephan a lot but I also really love Sister Bretz! The two days that we've been together we've seen a lot of miracle. Including 3 new people to teach and having 4 people on date to be baptized! Incredible!

Unfortunate, Danman wasn't baptized... but I know there will be a day in the future he will be! I have no doubt! One day he'll be ready to be baptized and confirmed! 

Miracle! Sister Bretz and I were going to go to an appointment with a girl Sister Stephan and I had met last week named Chrissy. She flamed us and so we went tracting the other half of her street. We knocked on a door and I knew it was gonna be a good one! We met a mom named May and she let us right. We were able to teach May and her husband, Chong the message of the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. They really seemed to enjoy and understand it too! It was so great! We have an appointment tonight with May!! Chong, unfortunately, has to work :( But they also have three of the cutest children I've ever seen in my whole life! They have a 5 year old named Ellie, a 3 year old named Mina, and a 1 year old named Zoey. THEY ARE SO CUTE! Seriously it was such a great miracle! I'm so grateful that we were able to teach them. I seriously love them so much! 

Yesterday we had a lesson with a guy named Jordan. We were able to teach him the restoration too and he accepted to be baptized on September 8th! It was so great! I love the gospel! Also we got a new investigator from some elders in our district. They had been teaching Lucien for a while but he wants to attend the YSA so we are starting to teach him! He came to church yesterday and it was a great miracle! I'm so grateful! 

So Saturday was mine and Sister Bretz's first day together. We also went into Detroit that day. Haha! That was an interesting, but super great experience! We went to have a member visit with our Relief Society president. It was so great! Her name is Laira! SHE IS THE BOMB! She's going to dental school at Detroit Mercy (so are like three other people in the YSA). She went to BYUI before, though, and we had the same teacher! That was cool to talk to her about! Then we walked around Detroit for a while contacting people and trying to contact former investigators. Don't worry though we were in a safe more touristy part of Detroit. It was really fun!

This week has been great. I'm settling in alright! The MDM is really all about teaching pure doctrine. I've kinda felt like I don't know it all that well so I've been studying it so it's been a learning experience. It's all going well though. I love being on a mission! 

I hope you all have a great week! Love yins!
Love, Sister Grant

1 and 2. Detroit est. 1709 (no lie)
3. Sister Stephan and me
4. Sister Stephan, me, and our investigator Ressee! She's so funny! She was saying how her kids' last name is Stephans (pronounced Stevens) and they always get called Stephan and Sister Stephan said that she always gets called Stevens and Ressee looked at her and just goes, "You are my daughter." lol.
5. Me and Sister Bretz emailing right now because I didn't have a picture with her until now :)








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's An Email

Loving the MTC and a Testimony

Best Exchange Ever