The Village of Roses aka Roseville



Hey fam!
So I don't think I mentioned this (partially because I forgot) but transfers were this past week. I have been transferred from Oakland Campus and here I am serving in Roseville! It's cool though for a few reasons: 1. I am still in the Bloomfield Hills zone so Sister Bretz is my STL (YAY!), 2. Elder Haderlie and Elder Chatwin are still my zls (YAY! We've become such good friends this past transfer also Garett knows Elder Chatwin's family!), 3. I ALREADY KNOW AND LOVE MY NEW COMPANION SISTER PIERCE, 4. I was literally here in this area like two weeks ago and I've already met some of the ward! I'm so excited to be here in Roseville! It's a great place! It kinda reminds me of Youngstown a little bit because there are homeless people all over. It's been fun to see that again. We have A LOT of stores and things in our area so we talk to a lot of people in stores and gas stations. I've had to break out of my shell a lot but it's cool because as Sister Reddish would always tell me, "There's no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone." She is so wise! 

We saw a HUGE miracles yesterday! We met Paul. He just came to church. He was driving by and saw the sign out front that reads "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" and so he thought "Hey! I should go to church today and that says Jesus!" And so he came and it was AWESOME!

Also we're teaching the old Greek lady named Hariklia. She reminds me of My Big Fat Greek Wedding! Each time I've seen her she has said the words "feta cheese" at least three times! She's so great! We aren't sure how much she is understanding (kind of like the grandma on My Big Fat Greek Wedding), but she came to church with us and loved it. She's so sweet and wonderful!

I miss Lucien a lot, but it's cool! It was so kind. The last time Sister Bretz and I met with him he brought us pizza because he heard missionaries don't get fed a lot. He's the best! We taught him Keep the Sabbath Day Holy and he stayed so focused. We were so proud! He used to get off on these weird tangents about the moon and Jupiter and weird theories, but now he saves all his weird things to the end. He's the best! ❤
I love Michigan so much and I love Ohio! 
I love being a missionary! 
I love Jesus Christ!
I love yins!

Love, Sister Grant




Pictures: Sister Bretz and I went to Detroit. We had no idea what we were doing but it was fun! Sister Bretz hit her 9 month mark! Cute Sister Pierce and me! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's An Email

Loving the MTC and a Testimony

Best Exchange Ever