Peace Out OCM!

What up fam?
My new companion, Sister Chance, is so good! We get along real well and we've been working really hard too! It's been a fun week. Sister Chance is from South Jordan, UT! She is so fun. She can quote all of "The Master of Disguise" and "Matilda!" She has a lot of good ideas!

We have cleaned out so much crap out of this apartment. It's little but it was so dirty. Now it's clean. Blessings! 

We found a new person to teach named Tyler. He's pretty cool and he likes to draw. We are seeing him tonight. Hopefully all goes well! Highlight of the week: WE WENT TO KIRTLAND! For any of you who don't know, Kirtland is a historical site of the church. The early members of the church went and settled there for a while. They built the first temple of our time there and a lot of revelations and miracles happened there! 

Last Saturday we loaded up with some of the YSA and traveled a few hours to Kirtland. We saw the Johnson Farm where Joseph Smith lived for a time while he worked on the translation of the Bible. It was cool to see that! Then, we went to the Kirtland temple! What a beautiful place! We felt the Spirit of God there and it was so cool! I did that just over a year ago at the beginning of my mission and I am so grateful that I was able to go again. I learned so much and felt the spirit so strongly. Here is a verse from the dedication of the Kirtland temple, 

And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom, seek learning even by study and also by faith;
Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing, and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God;
It really was such a blessing to be there! Temples are the coolest! Even if you just walk outside of them you can feel so much peace and love and no one will even judge you because they're all so beautiful.

We also went to the Kirtland visitor's center and one of my favorite missionaries ever, Sister Caferelli, and her super sweet companion who I also love so much, Sister Olsen, gave us our tour! I came to Ohio with her so that was really great to see her before we're in different missions.They took us to the Newell K Whitney store and the school of the prophets. So good! And Dan came as well! His favorite parts were the ashery and the saw mill. Dan has been to Kirtland before so even gave us some fun facts that the sisters didn't share this time. It was so much fun! I am so grateful for the dedication of the saints in Kirtland. They were wonderful!

Also the Ohio Cleveland Mission dissolved this week. RIP OCM. I have loved my time in the Ohio Cleveland Mission and I am so grateful for it! President and Sister Brown have taught me so much about dedicating my life to the Lord. I'm so grateful for their examples in my life. I am however also excited to meet President Cleveland on Sunday! YAY!

Love yins! Have a blessed week!
Love, Sister Grant


1. Sister Chance and I at the Kirtland temple
2. Sister Olsen, Sister Caferelli, Sister Chance, and me
3. YSA, Dan, and us
4. Sister Henretty and me. She works in the mission office and was in my ward in Akron. I love her so much! ❤❤
5. More Kirtland
6. More Kirtland











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's An Email

Loving the MTC and a Testimony

Best Exchange Ever