🌻😊☀️⭐⛅



Hola amigos!
Shout out to Aleeya who is getting baptized this weekend! That's so awesome! I wish I could be there!
What a great week Sister Stephan and I had! Right now as I write I can't remember everything that happened, but I know it feels good to look back on the week. I'm so grateful for the wonderful miracles we've seen these past couple weeks! 
We are teaching a girl at Oakland University named Adrienne (😃). She is super sweet and very very shy. She is so quiet we do a lot of sitting in silence to give her time to answer our questions. She is almost done with all of the lessons right now and is scheduled to be baptized on September 1st. She doesn't feel quite ready right now to be baptized. She has said she knows all that we teach is true but she's also said she isn't sure yet. She is reading the Book of Mormon and praying so I know that she will know for a surety that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth. We love her a lot. She just needs to know what we teach is true and she will!

Last Saturday night (like July 21) the Southfield sisters called us and told us they were sending us a YSA investigator they had just picked up. He is such a solid referral! His name is Cornelius and he is the bomb! He grew up in Brooklyn, NY and some of his friends were LDS. He really appreciated their example and as he got older he decided he wants to be baptize.! Sister Stephan and I took a recent convert named Winnie and taught him the Resoration.  He LOVED it. He wants to be baptized and is scheduled to be baptized on August 25. We gave him a church tour and he came to church yesterday. He really enjoyed it and the YSA was so welcoming and inviting to him! It was a great experience! He goes to Oakland University which is super convenient because so do we!

We also have been working in our temporary off-campus area since school hasn't started yet and we've seen great miracles there. We had some appointments on Saturday but basically they fell through so we tracted pretty much the whole day. I love those days because you see so much fruit from your efforts. We tracted into a young mom named Chrissy and she told us she hasn't been going to church in quite a while because she has some questions and isn't sure where to get answers. We testified that our message would answer her questions. We were able to teach her the message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and she believes it! We invited her to read and pray about the Book of Mormon and she said that she would! We have an appointment with her this weekend.

I learned a new phrase this week: "Detroit dump." We met a girl named Resse and she has had a super hard life. She told us all about it and we testified that our message will help her improve the quality her life. We have an appointment with her tomorrow. But anywho after we left Sister Stephand said, "She Detroit dumped us!" Aka she laid all her problems out to us but that's okay because Jesus Christ can fix them!

We also have been contacting people on campus. That's been cool. I love talking to millennials. They're either super open or super weird and it's great either way! We met a kid named Dean this past week. He was waiting to go into some meeting because he is transferring to Oakland University. One of his best friends growing up was LDS and told us how he went to Liberia on his mission and so we talked about how we are in Michigan for ours! He'd heard a little about the Book of Mormon and so we briefly talked about it and testified of it. He had to go but we are going to meet with him soon because he told us to tell him all we know about the Book of Mormon! I'm super excited for that! 

ALSO I RECEIVED THE BEST NEWS EVER! The missionaries who are serving in Ohio still have their preparation day on Wednesday so on Wednesday I received an email from my last district leader. He said that Dan (tall Dan that I taught in Bowling Green who I LOVE) was scheduled to have his baptismal interview yesterday after church and is going to be baptized on Saturday! I haven't heard anything since BUT I AM SO EXCITED I CAN HARDLY STAND IT! I'm super sad I can't be there, but I'm hoping I can Skype in! I'm so excited for Dan! 

I love being a missionary. It's made me very happy even though it is hard and nothing ever goes the way you're thinking it's going to. But even when things are hard, every day is a good day because I'm sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ and that's what makes everything good! 

In my studies this week I came across 2 Nephi 26:33 "...He invited all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female..." the Gospel is for every single person; no matter who you are or the choices you've made God wants to make you happy. He does that through the Jesus Christ. I'm so grateful that I am helping Him invite others to come into Him! 
I hope you all have a wonderful week!
Love yins!

Tons of love, Sister Grant

Pictures from my mission:
Pics 1&2: these are my favorite shoes. I finally decided to throw them out. They've served me well 😊
 



Pics 3&4: Sister Stephan and me


My current address is:
Bloomfield Township, MI 48302

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's An Email

Loving the MTC and a Testimony

Best Exchange Ever