Sent to 8 Mile: Gonna Baptize Eminem

Hey fam!
I know what you're thinking: "What is Sister Grant doing emailing on a Monday?" Well welcome to my preparation day because I'm in Michigan! I am currently serving in a YSA/ Campus area. I'm also serving as an STL.. a lone one.. my comp isn't another STL.. I have no idea how that works so if any of you do I would love a run down because wow am I confused. :)

 I'm assigned to serve in the Bloomfield Hills YSA Branch and my area is Oakland University campus! It's cool! School isn't in yet so we don't go too much, but I'm excited for when the semester starts! We cover the entire Bloomfield Hills Stake which means we cover Detroit! WE LITERALLY COVER THE CITY OF DETROIT! It's so legit! Ever since we got the news that our mission was gonna be the Michigan Detroit Mission I've been saying for someone to send me to 8 Mile and they did! I LOVE THE GHETTO! But also we have super ritzy places too so that's cool. It's like being in Akron all over again. Good stuff.

My companion's name is Sister Stephan. She is from Alberta, Canada. She's super sweet and she said she would take me to Banff National Park so she's cool! She's been out almost 9 months and has been here on Oakland Campus for 6 weeks.

I miss Bowling Green with all of myself. I love those people and that place more than life! It's okay though! I'm beginning to adjust to here so, happy day, all is well!

We took a recent convert to the temple for the first time this past week. It was such a tender mercy from the Lord that I was able to take him with Sister Stephan. I needed the peace of the temple and I'm so grateful I got it. The temple is in our area and right next to our church building! IT"S AWESOME!

Anyway here are some pictures!

Love yins (so sad that people in Michigan don't say yins)!
Love, Sister Grant

1. The Shurts I LOVE THEM SO MUCH AND MISS THEM SO MUCH!
2.Took Gene to the temple where he baptized his dad! AWWWW! And Winnie another recent convert came too!
3. Sister Chance and I with Sister Stephan and Sister Elton our new companions
4. My old neighbors in BG, Cheryl and Andrew. They're some of my favorite people ever.
5. The Cady's and their grand daughter Becca. I LOVE THEM AND MISS THEM SO MUCH!
6. Grandma Pat. I miss her so much too. She is Brother Viola's mom. I LOVE HER!
7. Danman Martin, Sister Chance and me. HE IS SO TALL!
8. Sister Noffsinger, Rob and I! LOVE THEM!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's An Email

Loving the MTC and a Testimony

Best Exchange Ever