Elder Uchtdorf and the Temple

Hello!

So to start out this email I just wanted to clarify by stating that I am in the western part of PA.. I think I've been saying that I was in the eastern part because whenever I say it out loud I say eastern so I just wanted to clarify :)
Anywho.. This week was pretty dang cool! Not necessarily for the work that we did but some cool things happened! We have just been finding and such and we're hoping for good things to happen. But one awesome thing that happened this week was on Thursday we had a mission conference is Kirtland because President Uchtdorf came and spoke to us! I couldn't tell you last week because we were asked not to, but I really wanted to! It was super awesome! We drove to Kirtland with the STLs and so that was fun and then we all met at the Kirtland Stake Center and we got a picture with President Uchtdorf, his wife, their daughter, and her son. He is serving a mission soon so they took him on a trip to see the church history sites and one of those is in our mission! Kirtland! 

Sister Uchtdorf talked to us about how important the role of the Holy Ghost is. It was super good! Also she told us she was baptized in a kitchen haha (I thought that was funny!). And President Uchtdorf talked to us about how every day can be an Independence Day because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. He told us that through the Atonement we can be freed form our sins everyday. Everyday we have the opportunity to repent and move past the things that we don't want weighing us down. He was awesome! 

Also I got to see Sister Warren at the mission conference and I got to see Elder Skinner! It was so great! 
Then another great thing that happened was we got to take Jennell to the temple! She is a recent convert who got baptized right before I got to Youngstown and she is awesome! We went to the Columbus temple with her and her husband Bill! They are both terrifying drivers and I'm pretty sure that if we weren't driving to the temple we would have gotten in a car wreck! JK We were fine. It was super fun to go though. Jennell was so happy!!! I loved it so much! 

I hope you are all doing great wherever you are! Thanks for all of your support! Love you all!

Love, Sister Grant

Sister Grant and Sister Warren

Sister Grant and Elder Skinner

Sis. Reddish, Janell, and Sis. Grant

Janell and Bill at the temple

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's An Email

Loving the MTC and a Testimony

Best Exchange Ever