This is an excerpt from an email that was sent from Sister Reddish, Adrienne's trainer, the week after Adri arrived. Sister Reddish's bishop mentioned that he was reading a missionary email while working at the hospital. He was talking to Sister Hill that lives in our ward. Sister Hill recognized Adrienne in the pictures and had the email sent to us. It says such nice things about Adri and I (her mom) wanted her to see it after she returns and we print the blog into a book. The pictures are also from Sis. Reddish.
Sister Sarah Reddish with her first greenie, Sister Green (on the right of Sarah), Sister Green's "greenie" and that missionary's new "greenie" Sister Reddish is a great grandma. Sarah's newest "greenie" Sister Grant is to the left of Sister Grant. Whew.
#2 Sister Reddish and Sister Grant

#3 Got caught in the rain 
Sister Reddish wrote:
"Quote of the day: 
1.) "Sister Grant, you will be trained by Sister Reddish." -President Brown So, my new baby is Sister Grant. She's from St. Anthony, Idaho! She's really, really fun. We're really similar. She's planning on going to BYU-I when she gets home, so we're excited to be tight friends after the mish. Training round 2 has been interesting. I've learned a lot this week. One of the things I've learned is that my clothes are nasty. She has the new Downeast clothes (super cute. holy moly.) and I'm this awkward creature wearing clothes that look like they've been worn everyday for the past year. Another thing I've learned is that I don't know anything about normal life anymore. She's told me some pretty saucy gossip of the real world this week. She's helping me become hip and stuff. I'm hoping to be able to teach her some things in return. I already told her that if she was expecting for her trianer to teach her how to make missionary work not awkward that she is outta luck because I'm the master at making missionary work awkward. BUT things are going good training. I love Sister Grant!
2.) "I'll be praying for you two. I don't want to get to judgement day and have to tell you 'I told ya so'." -Some random 90 year old man that we will call Bob On Sister Grant's second day, I made her knock on some doors. The first door she knocked on was Bob's. Bob talked to us for literally 30 minutes about how we were going to Hell. I get pretty heated when people tell us we're wrong, so I started telling him thank you in a sassy tone and  how WE will be praying for HIM. Then Sister Grant told him that she thought it was cool how strong his faith was... What the heck? How was she so nice? I have a lot to teach her, am I right? Ha, JK. I'm 100% positive that I'm going to learn more from Sister Grant then she's going to learn from me.. like being charitable and patient. 
3.) "I love you. Both of you. I would marry the both of you." ".............thank you." -Me having a conversation with a typical Youngstown citizen I know a lot of you were concerned about me getting married and stuff, but you don't have to worry... I have found myself a Youngstown-ian, and Sister Grant and I will be marrying him after our missions. Ha, just kidding. I will not be marrying anyone from the area of the country. I promise.  Anyways, I'm pretty sure when this man said this quote it freaked Sister Grant out pretty bad. I usually rely on my companion to handle these kinda situations, but I couldn't do that to my daughter. BUT, like I said a little earlier, I am the master at awkward, so I literally awkwardly stared at this man for 15 seconds before anything came out of my mouth. 15 whole seconds of awkward, silent eye contact. I was just happy something finally came out. Then we walked away with no more words spoken. No goodbye, no nothing. We didn't even talk about it in the car. No words. I feel awkward typing about this one, so I'm gonna stop. The end. 
4.) "I'm not callin' no mission president. I'm calling ole Tommy for this one. This church is sexist." -Brother Betts Brother Betts is the 1st counselor in the bishopric in the Youngstown ward. Brother Betts is literally the old man on the movie Up in real life. He's a square shaped old man, and everything he says is grumpy. We had dinner with their family on Father's Day. At dinner he asked if we get to Skype our dads. We told him no and he was, as usual, super grumpy about it. We told him that we wouldn't mind if he called President Brown and insisted that we Skype our dads. That's when he said this quote. I laughed a pretty good laugh. P.S.- I realize that my sense of humor has become less and less funny on my mission. I apologize. BUT you only have to endure these semi-lame emails for another 5 months.. so that's good.
5.) "There is so much more to our existence than just what happens between birth and death." -Elder Weatherford T. Clayton This week we had the opportunity to teach the Plan of Salvation a couple times. That perfect plan is proof that we have a loving Heavenly Father. I'm so grateful I know where I came from, why I am here, and where I am going (feel free to say the last part of the sentence like the missionary on the Best Two Years). I am also grateful for Jesus Christ, who makes the whole plan possible. I love this gospel and I love sharing it with others."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's An Email

Loving the MTC and a Testimony

Best Exchange Ever