Kisses and Racoons


I have received so many kisses on the cheeks while I've been out. I do not appreciate it at all. I'm gonna start telling people I only want handshakes because eww! 

Let me tell you all about Denny. Denny is an older man in our apartment building. He is strange and has no friends and he gave me a wet sloppy kiss on the cheek and it.was sick! So we avoid Denny now. He's moving soon and I'm really glad. I mean we're still nice, but I also don't wanna talk to him because he's weird, but I try to be Christlike. :) We ran into him when we were going to our car and he saw that we were leaving so he said, "Hey, you can't leave without a kiss!" So Sister Reddish hurried and got in the car but I had to stay and back her out because I'm co-driver. So he walks over to me and,while I glared at Sister Reddish for leaving me behind, he gave me an unwanted kiss on the cheek. Denny is weird and I don't really like him... also Sister Reddish really lucked out!

Also I'll tell you about Mary. Mary lives in the same apartment building as Sister Swick and we go read with Sister Swick once a week so we run into Mary. She calls us her babies/her angels which is nice but also we don't know Mary at all. She likes to tell us how she is feeling ... digestive tract wise. I don't really wanna know those things, but I guess it's good that she has someone to talk to when we run into her. Whenever we leave her she gives us a big ole kiss and I don't appreciate that either. People here, I guess are just very friendly, but I am okay with friendly without the kisses.

I also got kissed by a member on exchanges yesterday. She was an old lady who is really nice and clean so I wasn't as freaked but still why does everyone do that!?

We have been tracting a lot and I've been able to see the blessings of working hard! We have met some potentials. A former investigator got a hold of us and wants to take lessons again! And everyone has been much nicer to us! Heavenly Father is blessing us for sure!

Also I had the most amazing experience this week! I GOT TO PET A RACCOON!!! We were tracting. As we were walking down the street I saw this guy with something on his shoulder so I pointed him out to Sister Reddish and so we both just stared at him until our bad eyes were able to focus on him and at the same time we shouted, "Is that a raccoon!?" and he said it was! This man named Mike was walking down the street with a raccoon on his shoulder! He told us the raccoon was his pet and her name is Sanora. Sanora is a girl raccoon and he got her from a distributor around here and then he continued to tell us that he has two more raccoons at home. Mike owns three raccoons! THREE! We shared a card with him and he wasn't interested, but he was nice and we got to pet a raccoon so I'll say that it was successful. :)

Here is our daily schedule.I wake up at 6:30  and we get up and run until around 7:00 then we get ready until 8:30. We daily plan for a half hour and then at 9:00 we personal study for an hour. We go do something until lunch which is usually around noon. We have a half hour lunch and a  hour of comp study; a half hour of 12 week (like training for new missionaries) then we get out and go do stuff. We have dinner at 5:00 because all dinners have to be done by 6:00. Then we go out until 9:00 and finally we come home and wind down until we go to bed at 10:30. And then the day starts over. :) Also, throughout the day we have to do finding for two hours and we try to get appointments and stuff. :) On Mondays we have district meeting and stuff from 11:00 to 1:00 and we eat lunch there. On Thursdays we do a couple hours of weekly planning. :) It's not too bad! OH! and also church is on Sundays from 10:00 to 1:00 but we have meetings in the morning and sometimes we have to be there at 8:00 or sometimes we have to be there at 9:30. It all just depends on what meetings. :)

The days are getting hotter here, but it's nothing I can't handle! I don't mind really. I hope you all have a great week! And my next preparation day is Tuesday because that's the last day of the transfer! I can't believe that I've already been out a whole transfer! It's flown by! Also Sister Parker gets here next week and I am so excited to see her!!
Love you all!

Love, Sister Grant


Nice earring!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's An Email

Loving the MTC and a Testimony

Best Exchange Ever