Loving the MTC and a Testimony

Dear Mom, Dad, Collin, Kenna, and Katy,  (letter written on Sunday, June 4th)

Record Katy's setting apart! Then you can type it and send it to her. Sister Warren did that and I think it's a great idea.

How is Katy? I honestly can't think about her leaving because it makes me wanna cry. I know that I had such a bad day (the second day only - every day has been better since) I'm worried about her. I know I shouldn't be and I'm trying not to, but it's hard not to! I've really learned to fully rely on the Lord. He has felt these exact same things we've felt. He will help us through them.

We taught our first investigator (an MTC one) on Monday. I was terrified. We taught her the Restoration (which I have learned a lot about). Her name is Patty and she had a son that died. We shared with her some trials in our life and how we know God had helped us through. Parents, the spirit was so strong! I didn't even need my notes. I just spoke from my heart and taught her the plan. While I was teaching her about Joseph Smith I knew it was true. I know that Joseph Smith really did restore the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the earth and that he translated the Book of Mormon. I want Patty to know! She accepted our invitation to read and pray so we'll see how it goes.

It's been a few days since those previous TRCs and they both ended well. I've seen how we had to follow the spirit and where it is guiding us to go. We had a TRC investigator that was tough and really argumentative of everything we said. We left our first message with her (her name is Jasmine) feeling super down (or at least I did anyway, Sister Warren is a rock). I let Satan get to me for sure. I was really down but my sweet teacher, Sister Stewart (she is the coolest and best sister teacher. We're so lucky!) told me that Satan knows how to get to us and we need to remember that bad thoughts come from Satan and that the good, correct thoughts come from our Father in Heaven. So that's what I've been trying to do. Focus on the good!

Today in Fast and Testimony meeting I bore my testimony. I was the second one up! I don't think I've ever done that before! Elder Beorgous did before me (he's Collin's friend. I love him!) But I testified saying, "I know Jesus Christ is right next to us strengthening us as we go through our life. I can feel them here strengthening me and lifting me and encouraging me." I know He is by you all too. He lives and He did die for us and atoned for our sins making it possible for us to repent of our sins. Our Heavenly Father made a plan for us - the Plan of Salvation. We accepted to follow this plan. I'm so grateful for the gospel and know that it is the only way we can return to our Heavenly Father again. It is the only way we can be with those we love forever. I truly love the Gospel. I truly love our Savior and our Father in Heaven. I know He loves me and He loves you. I pray for all of you each night and I love you all so much! I'm so grateful you're all my family. I love ya'll. (They don't let us say "you guys" so I'm adapting and saying "ya'll.)

You'd be surprised how tan I am right now. Like, I'm pretty tan.

The district in front of us leaves on Monday. I'm so sad. I will me them soooo much! IDK why but they feel like home. Elder Beorgous is in that district and it will be so sad to see him go. Also Sister Wise (we played volleyball together in West once. She worked up there ... IDK where, though.) Also Elder Johnson, Elder Teese, Sister Mark, Sister Nelson, and Sister Bowman. They're all gonna do great. I hope I run into some of them at BYU-I! I really do love being a missionary! I know it's what I need to do!

Tell me all about your lives. I know I've only been gone just under two weeks at this point but I feel like I'm missing everything! It's going by so quickly here and it makes me sad. BUT I'M HAPPY TO LEAVE THE MTC! But sad to leave my district and the zone.

We move into the new buildings the Monday before we all leave so our district gets one day in them. Man, they are pretty! Our teacher has shown us pictures and it is beautiful! Also, being here has a great atmosphere. So Great!!!

I leave the MTC on the 13th with Sister Warren, Elder Hawkins, Elder Skinner, five sisters going to the VC, and myself. We leave at 3:30 am. The rest of our district leaves at 3:50. I'm gonna miss them sooooo much! They'll do great though. I sincerely believe they're the best missionaries. It is a privilege to learn with them and from them.

I love each and every one of you! Tell everyone I love them! Also can you get addresses for everyone? The fam? Magic C? Alec? Brianne? Thank you!

Love,
Sister Adrienne Grant

My Ohio address:
25002 Westwood Rd.
Westlake OH 44145

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's An Email

Best Exchange Ever