Another Week. A Good One Though

Alma Avenue

Hello Everyone!

1 month ago: Brother S. kept inviting himself to Leon's lessons even though he had told him just days before that he was cursed because he is black.. I was so mad at Brother S.
2 months ago: I  met Leon! And I met the Nichols (a family in the ward that is from SE Idaho). They have 5 crazy boys and I love them!
This week has gone well! Sister Reddish was sick because she puked after we ate a whole pie together ... bad idea and we're never doing that again. But we had a great lesson with Perry! He hasn't had coffee in 2 weeks and committed to read the BOM starting from the beginning! Keep Perry in your prayers because he has a baptism date for September 2nd hard things always happen then. He's had a billion dates, but this time he seems pretty solid!
We also had a great lesson with Leon on temples and family history and we're going to do family history with him tomorrow at the church! I'm excited for that! 

In this area, we mostly do finding on our own. That's where we find the most success. The ward members here don't really like to help with missionary work. They don't really get it. I understand that because I didn't understand the role that members played in missionary work before I got here. There are a few who are willing to go with us to lessons, but it's the fellowshipping that they don't understand. Most of them don't understand it anyway. Sister Reddish and I have been praying a lot to know how to help them and build them up. This ward has so many members but most are inactive. I think the members could help a lot. I think one problem is home teaching and visiting teaching. Most will just send letters to people and count that as good. I understand it in part because there are so little active people that when they are home teachers or visiting teachers they have a lot of households to visit. And many of them are ... tough and not willing to cooperate, but there are many that could benefit from the contact and love of the members. It's a tough subject in the Youngstown Ward. We went to PEC last month and it was so heated. Everyone talks about the ways the ward can be helped (rides for the many members who don't have transportation, home/visiting teaching, callings, etc.) but no one is willing to do anything. It really kind of drives me insane! It makes me so frustrated! I want to help them see the importance. But on the other hand I can see where they're coming from by looking at how I was thinking before a mission. It's just tough and frustrating. Do you have any experiences where you've seen this and were able to help it?

I just love it here! I can't remember what else happened this week just know that I've felt that it's been a good week! I'm happy and glad to be here! I sent pictures this week so just look at them!
I hope you're all happy too! I love you all! 
Love, Sister Grant





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's An Email

Loving the MTC and a Testimony

Best Exchange Ever