Best Exchange Ever

On an exchange with Sister Jenkins. The house of many children.


It has been a really good week! Even though we kinda got dropped by Perry. That was sad, but we're trying to see what we can do. 

We went on exchanges yesterday and IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! I was with Sister Jenkins again! It was her last exchange because she goes home and transfers are next week. It will be so sad to see her go. She was Sister Reddish's trainer so she is my grandma. She gave me an ugly floral shirt that she's worn throughout her mission and I feel so honored! But it was so fun to be with her. She is super great at talking to people and she is such a great example to me. We visited a lot of their less actives while I was there and we visited this one family who has 4 kids and then they take in their neighborhood kids - so so many kids were at their house while we were teaching about service! It was so loud and chaotic, but when we started to teach about service it was really good and spiritual even with that. It is probably one of my favorite moments on my mission because it just felt really loving there and I smiled the whole entire time! They also have two big dogs that get out of their house and run around the neighborhood while like 15 people chase them and that happens like three times a week for them. It just so happened that I got to witness one time! It was so darn funny! Sister Jenkins and I took pictures with them and it was so much fun to be there. We also had dinner at Panera with another less active and I ate so much food. I downed it! 

It was a really happy week even though some not great things happened! Last night at the Warren Sister's apartment I realized how happy I've been while I'm here. Even though crappy things happen everyday has been a great day! It's so awesome!!!

This is the Lord's work that we do when we do missionary work (whether we're called to be missionaries or not). He will provide us all with opportunities to share the gospel of Jesus Christ if we ask Him. It's the most important message that people will hear because it's the message that will give us everlasting joy! 

I want you all to know that I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Jesus Christ's church restored to the earth. It was restored through Joseph Smith, a modern day prophet, and along with the restoration of the church, the priesthood was restored, too. We have a modern prophet today and he does receive revelation straight from God for everyone on the earth. He is the only person on the whole earth who can do that. He lately talked about the Book of Mormon, which is the evidence of the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ through Joseph Smith, and how we all need to be reading and studying it daily. Friends and family, I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God translated by a prophet and that it brings comfort and peace to people. I know that is the convincing evidence of the restoration and that it the truest book on the earth. It is the truest book that will ever be on the earth. President Thomas S. Monson promised that if we study the Book of Mormon daily we will receive power from the Heavens and that we will see blessings from the Lord. I know that that is true. If you haven't read the Book of Mormon, please do. Gain a testimony of it's truth. I love each and everyone of you that I send this email to, and I want to tell you, out of love, that this church is the only true church here today. And by following the teaching taught in it we will have joy forever! That's what God wants us to do! That's just a little testimony of mine.:)

I love you all!

Love, Sister Grant

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's An Email

Loving the MTC and a Testimony