Busy Week! Be positive!


Hola mi familia! 

This week went by so fast. It was so busy! I feel like we got nothing done but we did so much! It was a super good week too!

First off, the weather in Ohio is wonderful again! It's warm and everything is green and bright and there are leaves on the trees and it makes me so happy! Its crazy because it's starting to look like it did when I first got to Ohio with Sister Reddish. Time flies! The weather has been wonderful! It's been humid and bright and sunny and I got sunburned and I am starting my watch tan line and it's all wonderful here in Ohio!

We had exchanges this week with the Perrysburg sisters which means I was able to go with Sister Davis! She is my mission "sister" and I honestly love her so much. She goes home next week :( and that makes me so sad. She goes home with Sister Garvin and I've looked up to the both of them so much since the beginning of my mission. I don't feel like it's time for them to go home yet. If I had it my way they could stay here and we'd all serve in Bowling Green together. They've been such wonderful example of hard work and they've shown me so much love while I've been in Ohio! Also fun fact: Sister Davis took Sister Reddish on her last exchange before she went home and I took Sister Davis on her last exchange before she goes home! Sister Davis told me that and it made me feel so great! It kinda almost made me cry (why? Idk..). I just love Sister Reddish so much! And Sister Davis! I just love everyone I've met on my mish! They're some of my favorite people in the whole wide world!

We had zone conference yesterday. We were busy preparing that all week. We were coordinating with the Toledo and the Toledo South zone leaders and getting our presentation on street contacting finished up. We did a little power point (which I was quoting The Office because of that for like a day) and figured out what we were gonna say. We were not super prepared because for the past few zone conferences the mission leaders haven't had to do a presentation on anything. We had the Christmas conference (where you just sing and bear testimonies) and then we were getting stuff ready for the smart phones we would be receiving and then we got our smartphones. So most of the leaders in the mission haven't done any sort of presentation and the zone leaders and us hadn't so we basically just winged it. It turned out pretty well though! I was so nervous to do it. I haven't been so nervous to do anything so bad in such a long time. I felt like it was my freshman year and I had to do my health presentation again. Or I felt like it was my first day at Big J's! I prayed and asked for strength, courage, and help and Heavenly Father delivered! I really couldn't have done that on my own and luckily Sister Bullock is pro at everything she does! It went really super well! 

***President Brown talked about being excited and having a good attitude and that was right up my alley!! If we have a good attitude about the work great things happen! Attitude is 100% of what we do. I wholeheartedly believe that!! Positive attitude makes for positive outcome! In the words of President Hinckley, "The gospel is a thing of joy. It provides us with a reason for gladness. Of course there are times of sorrow. Of course there are hours of concern and anxiety. We all worry. But the Lord has told us to our hearts and rejoice. I see so many people ... who seem never to see the sunshine, but who constantly walk with storm under cloudy skies. Cultivate an attitude of happiness. Cultivate a spirit of optismism. Walk with faith, rejoicing in the beauties of nature, in the goodness of those you love, in the testimony which you carry in your heart concerning things divine. ***

I was able to see Sister Warren at zone conference too! It could possibly be the last time we see each other until we are home :(. She's probably gonna be transferred from Toledo (hopefully because she's been here her whole mission 😂)! So we'll probably be in different missions, but we still hope that we're companions! We write and tell President Brown that and when we saw him yesterday we made sure to tell him that we got to live the dream when we went on exchanges! So hopefully! 

We also did mountain loads of service this week! We have still been helping Sister Noffsinger move.. She's got a lot of crap.. If I've learned anything from Ohio it's not to hoard my stuff. Just throw some stuff away.. I swear the amount of hoarders I've seen here is more than the blades of grass in the whole world. Ohio is a different world. I love it so much! 

We also went to Brother Morris's farm this week to work with him and his wife, Cindy. We brushed their horses and helped them build a fence. IT WAS AWESOME! I built a fence!! It was so cool!!!! I love going out there. He also has a lot of crap but his is cool stuff that rednecks would want. It's always an adventure! 

The work is kinda slow.. We weren't able to meet with Dan this week because he was out of town but plan on meeting with him on Saturday. We've taught a lot of Restorations and hopefully we get to teach people more of the restored truths of the gospel too!

It's been a great week! I sure love you all more than I could ever say! I also just want to say that I love my mom, Ralvin, and I'm so grateful for her! I'm so excited to talk to her and my fam!!! IT WILL BE THE BEST THING EVER!!
Love yins! Have a blessed week!

Love, Sister Grant


pic 1. Sister Davis and I
Pic 2. Sister Warren and I
Pic 3. Sister Warren and I
Pic 4. Ponies! 🐎🐎
Pic 5. Sister Bullock and I being "yellow angels"




 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's An Email

Loving the MTC and a Testimony

Best Exchange Ever