Settling In :)

Hello there friends!
This week was good! I can't really remember what happened. I should start writing myself notes so I know what to say. Anyway I'll try my best!

We did service for a guy names David this week! IT WAS SO FUN!! We helped him move wood and piled his wood. It was great to wear a t-shirt and jeans! David has been getting the lessons for like forever now but lately he hasn't been asked commitments or anything so we think that he thinks meeting with the missionaries is just like hanging out, but Sister Reddish and I are gonna change that. We had asked him the week before to read the intro to the Book of Mormon and we were gonna ask him if he thought it was true like he used to, but we didn't ever end up making it to a lesson haha. David likes to talk a lot - like A LOT. Everyone in Ohio/PA likes to talk a lot but David is a special case. He reminds me of someone from home so I love to see him! He is one of my favorite people I've met probably! We'll meet with him again Sunday so we're gonna get to the point of our lesson then :)

Also we had lessons with Joshua. He gets baptized on Saturday!! He is sooo quiet. Just a man of few words. Sister Reddish and I were kind of feeling worried about if he really knew that the church was true or not but we shouldn't have because he's awesome! But we had gone through the baptism interview questions with him and then he prayed at the end of the lesson and he just knows that this church is true. He doesn't have any support from family which is really sad, but he is really tough! I hope the Youngstown ward takes him under their wing. I can't wait for you all to see pictures of Josh's beard next week! He's awesome!

Also we had a lesson with Perry. We read 2 Nephi 31 with him and talked a lot about baptism. He is on date for September 2nd, but he has had a hard time giving up coffee. It's really tough because we know that he can receive help but I'm not sure he sees that yet. Keep him in your prayers :)

Also I met Sister Bean. She is a hoarder. And a less active and she agreed to take the lessons again which is so good! We are really gonna focus on prophets with her because that is where she seems to be struggling. She also has a lot of mental issues and is really lonely. We're trying to get some fellowship in the ward for her. Also we do service for her and help clean her house. Everyone in Ohio/PA has this smell in their houses. I'm not sure how to explain it but it isn't good. I really miss the clean homes of Idaho, but I'm learning to love it here!

Also I met Carl. He is a member and we're trying to get him to the temple :) We met with him at the library and the grossest/funniest thing happened! We were all done with our lesson and such and then he was showing us some songs he's written in his binder and all these bugs started crawling out of his binder! IT WAS SO GROSS! Sister Reddish and I tried to hold in everything we could but he could tell we were freaked! We got out of there as fast as we could. I'm so scared of getting bed bugs! Sister Reddish has had them before and she says they're terrible. Oh well I guess.. but I'm very iffy.

Also I love the Betts. They're an elderly couple in the Youngstown Ward. They make me so happy! Brother Betts is a grumpy old man who secretly is nice but on the outside he's mean. He reminds me of Carl from "UP." I love him! Sister Betts is so sweet. Just the sweetest lady. We've eaten at there house twice and I love them just so much! I need to get a picture with them :)

On Monday we went to the Trainer/Trainee meeting and it was the best ever because I GOT TO SEE SISTER WARREN!!! It was the best thing ever! Also I got to see every missionary we came to the OCM with. It made my heart swell with joy! I just love them all! Also two of the sisters there had bed bugs so that made me a little nervous.. ugh. Oh well. What can ya do? The trainer/trainee meeting was great though! We got to hear from President and Sister Brown and all the people that work with them and it was fun. Also we got pizza so that was a plus. While Sister Reddish and I were driving home we saw a huge fire. Just tons of black smoke! McKenna would have loved it!

In general this week was great! I can't remember bad things at all but only the good! I am staying really happy! I hope you are all staying happy as well! I love you all!

Love, Sister Grant

pic 1- I saw my friend Sister Hill the last week at the MTC

pic 2- District 41 C (The best missionaries the MTC has ever seen..jk)

pic 3- My awesome teacher Sister Stewart (she was also Sister Lusk's teacher!)

pic 4- Sister Warren and I on the plane ride to Cleveland

pic 5- Sister Reddish and I got soaked in the rain last Sunday

pic 6- Sister Jenkins who I went on exchanges with last week. She trained my trainer! She's awesome!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's An Email

Loving the MTC and a Testimony

Best Exchange Ever